Q. My handset has no Bangla font installed. How can I see Bangla Text?
A. If you do not see any bangla character in your browser, probably your handset has no bangla font.
To see Bangla text on your mobile, use opera mini 4 or later version. (opera mini 6 recommended)
- At first, Download Opera Mini.
- Install it on your mobile phone.
- Open it & click here or type 'opera:config' on address bar. For opera mini 6, click here or only type 'config:'. Then Go to this address.
- You will get Power-User settings menu. In this menu go to last item named 'Use bitmap for complex scripts'. Change it to yes. Then click on save button.
- Now Go to www.banglatext.com and be amazed!!!
NB: This method uses graphics to represent Bangla fonts. So, data uses will be increased.
Alternate method (symbian only):
Read and follow this method.
A. For a bangla letter, to know which letter of mobile should be typed, see KeyMap.
If you write vowel or consonant after consonant, it will be converted into kar and fola respectively.
To know the formation of complex letter see KeyMap.
A. • At first write your bangla text in english letter in phonetic rule by following keymap in the Enter Text box.
• Then click on Convert button.
• Your given text will be displayed in output box and preview after conversion into bangla. (You will see box box in output box, if your handset does not support bangla font.)
• Check your spelling.
• If spelling is not correct, convert again after correcting text of Enter Text box by following keymap.
• To remove the text of Enter Text box, click on Clear button.
A. If you want to give your converted bangla text as facebook or twitter status, click on Update Status: facebook or twitter.
First time of facebook status update via Bangla Text need to give application access into your account. Click on Ok or Allow or Accept. This is applicable for first time update. Later this will not be visible.
You will see a success information after status update.
To tweet on Twitter, you have to do nothing special.
You will see converted text written into twitter box.
Then click on tweet button.
Remember, according to twitter, long text can not be tweeted. In this event, keep text small.
A. • After conversion of your text in bangla, highlight your output box.
• Press 1 key for a few moment. Or press output box for a few moment in touch screen. Copy option will be shown.
• For pasting, highlight comment box or any web page text box and by using 1 key or pressing screen, paste option will be shown. Previously copied text will be written after selecting paste option. How to use copy paste in UC browser?
• After conversion of your text in bangla, you will see copy option by entering into output box. Bangla text will be copied into clipboard if you select copy option.
• For pasting, enter in comment box or any web page text box. In option you will get paste option. Previously copied text will be written after selecting paste option.
Don't be upset
If your handset does not support bangla font, you will see box box in output box or nothing. Don't be upset. Copy these boxes.
Always copy from output box, not from preview.
You can send email, sms, mms and post bangla text in any website by using this method.
Tips: If you are using Keypad handset, you may comment in facebook directly without copy paste.
A. To write correct bangla, use auto correction.
If Auto correction is disabled, go to settings and give mark beside Auto Correction. Then save.
Auto correction select correct word from similar word.
As a result, no more hassle of thinking case sensitivity.
Example: You wrote 'pritibi'. Normal output would be 'প্রিতিবি', but auto correction bring correct word 'পৃথিবী' from its dictionary.
If there has more than one similar word, they are displayed in Corrections. Select correct word from them.
Always try to follow KeyMap while writing.
If so, you will get desired word quickly.
A. Auto correction uses it's own dictionary.
As a result, it can transform wrong word into correct form.
If some words remain in english form after conversion, then you have to understood that this word is not exist in dictionary. For that, check your spelling. A classic form of your given word would be supplied in suggestion. Select this word if spelling is correct. Then this will be added into dictionary and can be found in output later.
So, do not add any wrong word into dictionary.
Additionally, there has some words which real english spelling is not same as our phonetic system.
If you want to get these word directly, at first write these word after typing '.c' by following our phonetic keymap exactly. After conversion, your new words will be displayed in bottom side. We will prewrite some phonetic spell for your convenience. Write the proper spelling in text box by which you want to get that word. Then check the ok box. Then click on contribute button.
To write 'চট্টগ্রাম', you have to write 'coTTogram' in classic method.
If you want to get that word by using 'ctg', convert after writing '.c coTTogram' in Enter Text box.
You will see 'চট্টগ্রাম' in New Words. Additionally 'coTTogram' may be written in side box.
Write 'ctg' after clearing previous text and check ok box.
Then click on Contribute.
After that you will get 'চট্টগ্রাম' by writing 'ctg'.
A. Opera mini users can post bangla on any website by writing bangla quickly. For this, you should use the facility of search field of opera mini. e.g. you can search on yahoo or google at any time.
To activate this, for keypad handset, enter in below box and go to option; then select Create Search Engine.
Or for touch screen handset, press your finger on text box for a few moment. Then select Add new Search Engine.
If mentioned procedure is not working on your opera browser then-
go to your search engine list. In option you may see 'Add'.
If not present, select a low important search engine. e.g. bing
Then Edit this like-
How to use shortcut?
opera mini 4 #9
opera mini 5,6,7 #2
For details, see Help on your browser.